Help within our Community
In addition to our Aftercare services, we offer rotating workshops and insight into what to expect following the death of a loved one. Throughout the year, we hold several memorial and remembrance services to honor those who have died, as well as those who have served our country faithfully.
Another unique opportunity we offer is our monthly luncheon on the fourth Tuesday of each month at a local restaurant. Members of this small group have looked forward to having lunch together for more than 12 years. This is a time of fellowship and encouragement and we would love to have you our join us at our grief support groups in South Carolina. Please contact Dru Strickland at (843) 881.9293 or email email@example.com for the monthly schedule or check our Events tab.
Links and local support groups
Camps and special events
Information about local support groups
- Hospice of Charleston Bereavement Services Caring for a loved one can be stressful. It can interfere with your work, your personal relationships, and even your ability to care for your loved one. If you are struggling, hospice may be the answer. Hospice can provide comfort to your loved one, skilled care, and nursing visits. It can even help your family with things like supplies, equipment and hospice medications.
- Help for those facing life-threatening illness - Palliative care is specialized medical care for people with serious illnesses. It focuses on providing patients with relief from the symptoms and stress of a serious illness. The goal is to improve quality of life for both the patient and the family.
Palliative care is provided by a specially-trained team of doctors, nurses and other specialists who work together with a patient’s other doctors to provide an extra layer of support. It is appropriate at any age and at any stage in a serious illness and can be provided along with curative treatment.
- The Palliative Care Provider Directory of Hospitals is a resource to help you or a loved one locate a hospital in your area that provides palliative care.
- Tributes Grief Recovery Center - links to articles, books, and FAQ’s
- Association for Death Education and Counseling - Take advantage of ADEC’s many resources designed to support anyone seeking more information on the grief process, bereavement-related services, helpful organizations or those seeking or offering help with death-related loss.
Resources for Suicide Prevention and Survivor Support
- Suicide Survivors Group: 1st & 3rd Wednesdays at 7 -8:30 p.m.
Heartland Nursing Center, 1139 Sam Rittenberg Blvd. in West Ashley. Charlotte Anderson, 211 Hotline 843-747-3007.
- The American Foundation for Suicide Prevention is the leader in the fight against suicide. We fund research, offer educational programs, advocate for public policy, and support those affected by suicide.
- Help for survivors of suicide